The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite.” This award is the “favorite blog award” then.
I'm told that the rules are simple. This is what was passed to me from Katie: Tell 11 facts about yourself, answer the questions posed by the person who nominated you, make up 11 questions of your own, and nominate 11 people.
Not knowing much about the Liebster Blog Award, I of course Googled it. It's amazing how far it's traveled around the globe, and the span of blog themes that have sported this award. Very cool to be a part of this!
Okay, 11 facts about me...
1) I got a BA in Spanish & Anthropology with a Minor in Fine Arts (Ceramics) in college, but my career is in non-profit fundraising. They correlate, I promise. Think about it.
2) I've been to three continents, but it is my goal to hit up every continent through my future travels.
3) I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore.
4) I have a slight lisp with certain vowel+R combinations. It usually only comes out after I've been talking for a long time.
5) Contrary to what most of my friends believe, I am actually a self-prescribed introvert.
6) I've never drank an entire soft drink. As a child, I never liked the taste or feel of soft drinks so I never drank them. Now I only drink them as mixed drinks.
7) My favorite book genre is Historical Fiction.
8) I am mildly allergic to cats.
9) If I could eat one food forever, it would probably be chips. Salty, salty, crunchy chips.
10) I have never not finished a book. I cannot not finish a book.
11) My favorite color is red.
And now here's the 11 questions from my nominee:
1. How did your parents choose your first name?
I am named after Bailey Quarters of the show WKRP in Cinncinati. My dad had a crush on her apparently. And Bailey is an old Southern name, where my mom is from.
2. Are you allergic to anything?
Not that I know of!
3. If you had to live in another country, which one would it be?
Spain. It'd for sure be Spain.
4. What's the best frozen yogurt place you've ever been to?
5. What was your first pet?
Two goldfish named Mac & Cheese. They're no longer with us...
6. If you were me (Katie) what would you choose as a career/job?
In house counsel for an environmental entrepreneurial corporation.
7. What would your patronus be? (for you non-harry potter fans, animal spirit)
I would so want my patronus to be a red panda!
8. If you had to choose between chocolate, vanilla or strawberry ice cream/milk shake, which would you pick?
Chocolate all the way!
9. What should I get Neville (my goldfish) for his 2nd birthday?
I think Neville would really appreciate a castle!
10. Where do you think would be a fun place to retire to?
Have you ever heard of The World? Yeah, 'nuff said.
11. What color are your nails right now?
The OPI nail color name is "Gargantuan Green Grape," but I consider it more of a minty green color. Very summery!
Not my hand.
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1) What one food could you eat forever?
2) What was the last song you listened to?
3) What was your favorite class in high school or college?
4) Where would you travel if cost was not an issue?
5) What was the last website you visited?
6) What's your favorite season?
7) Are you a night owl or a morning person?
8) What's your favorite book?
9) Do you have any pets?
10) What's your favorite hobby?
11) What is your alter ego?
And now for my Liebster Award Nominees:
Emily @(YA)Y! books
Stacie @The Needham's New Life
Janny @The Curious Lark
Melissa @Just Beein' M-Gatt
(Okay, I'm cheating by only nominating 4 blogs... Most of the blogs I read have 1,000s of followers!)
Feel free to answer any and all of these questions in the comments below!